Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Frozen Yogurt Cups

Rhiannon is an ice cream fiend.  She can hear you whisper the word a block away and will run to the kitchen & point up at the freezer.
We’re flush with milk now as I’m milking three goats, so I’ve been making a few batches of homemade yogurt (and cheese, and anything else I can think of to get “rid” of the milk).  The first batch didn’t gel up as much as I’d normally like so I figured it would be best used in smoothies!
Although I’d love to make my own ice cream, I’ve yet to perform such acts of magic.  Yes, I know it’s simple, (as simple as making, say yogurt….and I still manage to screw that up) and maybe one day soon I’ll post on my frozen dairy adventure, but for now we’ll both have to settle with frozen yogurt smoothies.
So I’ve been taking some of the yogurt, milk, a few ice cubes and some sort of fruit and throwing it all into the blender.  Depending on the sweetness (or not-so-sweetness) of the fruit, I’ll add a little packet of Stevia and / or a drop of Vanilla.
We’ll have a smoothie right away and I’ll save the rest to make into frozen yogurt treats.  Since I save hillbilly-tupperware, I have plenty of the little yogurt containers with lids.  The perfect size for a little toddler (or her Mom) craving a frozen sweet treat.
Yogurt & peach smoothie ready to pop into the freezer!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea!

    And your tupperware and mine match. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, making yogurt sound very interesting - I would love to read about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good. And I had to giggle at the Hillbilly Tupperware. :)

    ReplyDelete