If you recall, we didn't lose the Speckled Kingsnake in the house (or the truck), it was simply a case of mistaken coffee containers. So I put the snake in the temporary plastic tub (with tight-fitting lid, of course) and put a bowl of water in there along with a few night crawlers. Which it did not eat. Which I was a bit surprised as that is supposed to be what they'd eat in the wild. But really, would you be hungry after making a mad dash away from the whirling blades of death (the brush hog) and then being
Anyways, I was a bit worried that Snakey wasn't going for the night crawlers after two days. Then on the evening of the third day of captivity, I opened the lid to check on Snakey and to my surprise, I found these:
To say that Rhiannon, and I, were pretty excited would be an understatement. I immediately went to internetting on how to care for snake eggs and put them in their own little homemade incubator:
And thanks to our friend Adrian, we also have a more proper abode for Snakey:
We'll continue to do our homeschooling science on "Reptiles" for a few more days, then let Snakey go in the woods behind the house. Her eggs, however, will be another lesson. Hopefully in 50-60 days from now.