Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Sadness on the blogosphere

I was flipping though my blog roll and saw a post from Rural Revolution titled "Bacon and Eggs".  I was excited that she was featuring SciFiChick on her blog so immediately clicked on the link.

Lo and behold, SciFiChick was featured, but for something I never would have guessed.

She passed away last Thursday.  I'm still a little foggy right now, typing this.

SciFiChick wasn't what I could call a "Close and Personal" friend, but she was someone I wish I could have called such.  We never met, we never shared a cup of tea together, never canned a single jar of jalapeno peppers side by side.  But as many of you know, even these long distance blogging relationships can make friendships as real as those you make in person.

I will miss her blog posts.  I admired her straight-forward and in-your-face opinions about her political leanings.  I will strive to be a better canner because of her.  And I hope that she is already tilling up soil and planting veggies in the Great Eternal Garden.

10 comments:

  1. I was so shocked and heartbroken to hear of her passing! SciFiChick was funny, smart and so generous with her vast range of knowledge. We do tend to form close friendships here - even without having 'actually' met. The blogosphere is a special place and she will be sorely missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn - there a few of us who were close friends with Sci and all of us have done tributes to her - you can find them all on my blogroll. it is very sad news indeed, and we have all lost a wonderful person!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn,

    She was a wonderful friend, my husband and I would call her Pistol Annie. She was smart as a whip, and love helping others out. She will be missed in the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, could you post a link? I followed her blog. What happened, if you know, and can share? That's sad, I really admired her...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw the news on Brigid's blog and am feeling a bit foggy as well. Loved her posts & can do attitude. I had just checked her blog to see if she was out of the weeds yet. I was so hoping that things had calmed down and there would be a new post. I will certainly miss reading her blog and the knowledge she shared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She will be missed by so many people. I'm glad you got to "meet" even if through her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What? I am so sorry to hear this. I echo the others, she will be sadly missed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dịch vụ Kiem tra ten mien miễn phí. Check domain kiểm tra thông tin tên miền nhanh chóng, chính xác
    Cho phép Tao web mien phi trên nền tảng webtin. Tạo web miễn phí và thiết kế web bán hàng chuyên nghiệp
    BLOG Me Dragon | Thủ thuật SEO - Marketing Online chia sẻ những thủ thuật hay, kiến thức SEO bổ ích giúp bạn học seo và marketing online dễ dàng
    Đăng ký nhận Ten mien mien phi từ inet
    Cung cấp Kien thuc seo từ cơ bản đến nâng cao
    Cập nhật Tin bóng đá nhanh nhất, chính xác nhất. Thông tin các trận cầu bóng đá sắp diễn ra, dự đoán kết quả, tin chuyển nhượng bóng đá
    Thông tin Du Lịch . Thông tin giá cả cá tour du lịch, văn hóa, phong tục tập quán của các địa điểm du lịch
    Chia sẻ Món ngon mỗi ngày cung cấp công thức nấu các món ăn ngon cho các bà nội trợ
    Chia sẻ Mẹo vặt hay trong cuộc sống. Mẹo nấu ăn, mẹo vặt khác

    ReplyDelete