Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I've Reclaimed my Clothesline!

I’m ashamed to say it, but it’s been months since I’ve hung laundry out to dry, and because laundry still needed to be dried, I’d been using the electric dryer.  What a waste of electricity.  But since we’ve moved Pan (the stinky Nigerian buck) out of the back yard, I’ll be able to use the clothes line again! 
Winter doesn’t give the clothing and sheets that same wonderful sun-dried-smell as the warmer days do, but I’m still happy to be line-drying our laundry again.  Sorry Mom, but the days of “fluffy towels” have come to an end.  Well, I’ll still warm & fluff up a towel for Rhiannon’s bath in the dryer though.
Crunchy clothing, unbendable undies & stiff socks, here we come!

2 comments:

  1. I can't remember drying clothes on a line except when I was growing up as clothes dryers wern't around then. Now when I think about it I do miss that freshness.

    Also I didn't know goats smelled, just another thing I've learned from you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bucks absolutely reek during rut, sometimes five months of the year. They have a nasty habit of peeing on their face. Must turn the does on or something. I don't even touch our buck during that time. I'll carry a stick to scratch him with and goodness forbid you pet him, you'll have to take a shower & wash any clothing you had on. Really.

    ReplyDelete