Wednesday, January 26, 2011

**Warning** Political Rant

I apologive in advance for this.  When I first thought about starting a blog I told myself that I would try very, very hard to keep politics out of it.  And to my defense, I think I've done a darned good job (if you only knew how many days I wanted to go on about the declining state of our country.....)
But I couldn’t help myself.  I went online to read Obama’s State of The Union Address.  And now you must all suffer for my weak will.  So here goes...... 
We’re going to cut spending.  Oh wait, it’s not really cutting spending, we’re just not going to let it get any bigger (after inflation is taken into consideration that is).  Or we’ll cut spending here, but put that “savings” into something else more noble (like a wind farm in the hollows of the Application foothills or solar arrays on the north sloping face of the hills in Wisconsin).
Don’t worry about Social Security; you know, “Americans' guaranteed retirement income”.  Don’t worry if you could have done better by investing on your own, of if you don’t care for being forced to contribute to such a huge Ponzi scheme.
We’re going to work on Obamacare.  But your health care costs have already gone up, months before any of his new health care legislation went into effect. 
We’re going to invest in education.  Well, at least how to be good civil servants.  Maybe we’ll even do a few days on The Constitution and Bill of Rights, but don’t expect us to go into any detail on the tyranny committed by the government on a daily basis.
He claims that he will continue to introduce & enforce “common-sense” safeguards regarding our food supply.  You mean by making it illegal to print “Non-GMO” on a package?  By shutting down a family run farm (www.uncheeseparty.worldpress.com) for selling clean, healthy milk & cheese that has not, in 30 years of operation, sickened one person?  By giving the factory farms a slap on the hand when they sicken or KILL somebody because of E.coli or Salmonella contaminating their eggs or ground beef?
Oh, and we’re going to bring our troops home from Iraq.  Eventually.  Not from those other places though.
“Of course, some countries don't have this problem. If the central government wants a railroad, they build a railroad, no matter how many homes get bulldozed. If they don't want a bad story in the newspaper, it doesn't get written.” – Obama, SOTU speech
Do you believe what he just said?  Really??  Come on. 
I also made the mistake of reading several pages of comments regarding the speech. 
There are people out there that are literally jumping for joy over this.  A few people even mentioned how their hope had been renewed by seeing the D’s & R’s sitting together. 
This speech & television broadcast with all the lovey-dovey bipartisan chumming around was nothing more than another crappy episode of some “Reality” TV program.  And the people are eating it up.
In the meantime, I’ll be planting my garden, taking care of my animals, raising my daughter……….and awaiting the high-speed rail and high-speed wireless & internet for everyone. 

2 comments:

  1. I don’t blame you for the rant.
    Our government is out of control and has been for the last 40 years regardless of the party in charge. If you go back to the 70’s when I was waiting in line out in the street for just 10 gallons of gas and still today our Congress has yet to put forward an energy plan except to use food crops for alcohol that requires 30% more gallons to go the same distance.
    The US Congress is a terrorist organization, and is bent on destroying our country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are on the same page about politics. I am totally disgusted with the whole lot of them right now and worried about our nation. I'm not sure we can ever dig out from this mess. We are near retirement, maybe 5 years or so, but is sure isn't a pretty picture ahead of us.

    ReplyDelete