Monday, December 2, 2013

Anybody seen my Muse?

I looked over at my Blog Archive on the side of the screen and there is a paltry eight entries for the entire month of November.

Wow.  Pretty pathetic.  Especially since I had considered doing my first NaNoWriMo (for like only two seconds, but still it did cross my mine).  I only managed to crank out eight piddly blog posts for November, what in the world was I thinking that I would start up again on my uhm, "novel"?

Anyhow, I have several post-worthy ideas and farm'ish happenings around here that I could have published, but never got more than a few sentences into it and the inspiration just left me.  We only had family here for four days for the Thanksgiving holiday, so it's not like I can blame them for my lack of blogging.  Most of my favorite blogs were even neglected (sorry gals/guys, still luv ya!).  I think I even went four or five days without checking my email.  Remember when you liked to get an email message?  Now I almost dread opening my email account and it's not like I have tons of spam or anything.

I actually thought (again, for only like two seconds) that maybe it was time to get rid of the internet at the house.  I'm sure Paul would be thrilled.  I could still get online at the library & do at least one post a week, but then Rhiannon wouldn't be able to get on her Starfall website (which she does use several times a week) and I know that the second I pulled the internet-plug, I'd get hives or start shaking because I would suddenly need to look up something online.

But I think I just needed a little break from the computer.  Or not.
Nope.  No inspiration in here.
Somebody give Thalia my email address, will ya?  I need some creative stimulus.  With a smidgen of smartassness thrown in for good measure.

4 comments:

  1. I think we all have a bit of slumpitis going on. And I think that for some, keeping up on FB AND blogging is a challenge. As far as a muse? Even your most mundane goings on are formidable posting material!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the time of year, m'dear, it's the time of year. I think we're all a little run-over from summer just ending (well, it seems like it just ended) and the thought of the holidays coming on us like a freight train. Add in the fact that we have only approximately 4-1/2 hours of daylight each day (!) and we all could use a rest from not only the Internet but life in general. After we get the rest, I hope somebody throws in some really big pep pills, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 've got little or nothing to say either lately. Now that my family demanded to be my Friend on Facebook, which Blogger feeds to, I can't even show what projects I'm working on because it's their gifts! Something will come up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not much going on here right now. In fact, rather boring I'd say.

    ReplyDelete