Saturday, January 28, 2012

Saturday Oven Lovin!


Technically the recipe I’m going to share with you is neither very inventive, nor requires the use of an oven (as mine is still out of commission) but since I just made this taste-bud discovery I figured that maybe somebody else out there in the universe has also been missing out on this easy-peasy snack.

Oh, and did I mention that the recipe isn’t really a recipe per se, but a “little of this” and “a spoonful of that”?  Gawd, did I HATE those kind of recipes when I was younger!  But I guess as one gets older finds herself comfortable in the kitchen, the recipes are just like guidelines anyhow.  Right?  Right.

So here’s my recipe for the Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Honey Dip.  Creative name, hugh?

½ Cup of Peanut Butter (I used store-bought creamy style)
½  Cup of Cream Cheese
1 ½ Tbsp. Honey
2 Tbsp. Milk

Actually, I’m just making an educated guess of the amounts I actually used.  But anyhow, I glopped everything into a 4-cup Pyrex measuring cup (my favorite container of choice for whipping up small batches of stuff) and whipped it all together using an electric hand mixer until it was nice and fluffy.  

Half of it was devoured with two cut-up apples alongside our afternoon tea....

and the other half was put into a container for more tea-time dipping tomorrow.  Maybe with celery or carrots instead.

Got a recipe you'd like to share?  Head on over to Tiny Gardener's Saturday Oven Lovin' and share with the rest of us!

11 comments:

  1. I do a dip/spread that is even easier than that one:
    Peanut butter, butter, and honey, smeared together and spread on toast or an apple. I love it.Yours sounds good too. Might be good on my bagels even.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet my kids would gobble that up. Thanks for sharing it. We love peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gld, I saw your post for bagels.....I WANT SOME!! But still no oven :(

    Kristina, what's better than peanut butter? Peanut butter WITH honey...or cream cheese, or butter, or.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try it out on the grandkids tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the post! I love anything that can be dipped in... ESPECIALLY peanut butter. YUM! I totally forgot about reading that your oven is out of commission... Hope you get one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We eat a lot of apple slices with a smear of peanut butter on them so I guess this would be the gourmet version of my laziness! What's not to like about your glamourous upcycle non-recipe?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm like Mama Pea, I usually just do plain peanut butter but your fancy dip sounds so much better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. dr momi, Rhiannon was my inspiration for the dip! Kids are great for "new" food ideas!

    Tiny Gardener, dipping is a big thing around here. And I'm going nuts without my oven!

    Mama Pea, we've been eating apples w/peanut butter forever, but this stuff is a real treat, and it's great!

    Candy C., yup, fancy is all we're about here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carolyn, now might be a good time to buy a relatively cheap counter top oven.......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah that little face was just HATIN that stuff wasn't she? LOL Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gld, I've honestly considered buying one of those toaster oven / microwaves / convection oven thingies, but I'm too darn cheap. I do, however, have a HUGE electric roasting pan that I may have to dig out and use if the heating element for the stove doesn't show up soon.

    MTWaggin, oh, she licked the cup clean! No waste around here! :)

    ReplyDelete