Tuesday, July 10, 2012

One Lovely Blog and Rainstorm!

We finally got some much needed rain on Sunday and yesterday!

Although I don't want to seem ungrateful as the limited and sporadic showers have drastically dropped the temperature, I doubt that it will be nearly enough to save the local hay fields.  I can't imagine how many more days and inches of rain we'd need to rejuvenate the fields.  I tend to think that the grasses are beyond dormant and are just plain dead.

So now we're looking forward to some cooler days ahead.  Cooler as in the lower 90's.  But I'll take it.  Except I figure that it will now become horribly hot AND humid.

Man, nothing makes me happy, does it??

Well, I guess this does:

Nancy over at Little Homestead in Boise has bestowed upon me the "One Lovely Blog Award".  Thank you Nancy!

There are, of course, a few rules in order to accept this award.  I have to list seven random things about myself and then pass this award on to another ten bloggers.

Ok, I can do the seven random things part.  But trying to list only ten of my followed blogs that deserve to be called "One Lovely Blog" would put my list way over ten, so I'm going to pick those that don't have a huge following and may be unknown to some of you.  Go say hello and check out their blogs, maybe even Follow them if you're so inclined and make us all feel good (and prove that we're not just talking to ourselves).

So here, in no apparent order, are my ten nominations for the "One Lovely Blog Award":

Ngo Family Farm
Once Upon a Family
Crap on my Shoe, Egg in my Pocket (and yarn on the needles)
The Stockpot
Jabez Farm
Life as a Teen Farmgirl
Worms-a-Crawling Farm
The Weekend Homesteader
Grim Wytche Farm
Fleecenik Farm

There - You've all been blog-award-spammed!  Now think about something juicy, personal or just downright strange about yourself, share it with the blogosphere and then blog-award-spam another ten bloggers.

Ha!

15 comments:

  1. We've gotten rain this week too. Not enough to save the grass, but enough to rejuvenate the garden at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! All the showers has hit all around us (I live just south of Harrisonville) and we haven't gotten not one rain drop! Missouri weather can be frustrating. I am also enjoying the "cooler" in the 90's temps, but they say it will be back over 100 in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I need to pass on my award too. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you got a small amount of rain, but still hope you get much more to try to rejuvenate what can still be saved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the rain AND the Lovely Blog Award! Where's the seven random things?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the award, we always are proud to accept them :) Glad you got some rain, it is so dry here that even the weeds are dying, I didn't even know that was possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's try this again...think I lost the last post...maybe.

    Thankyou for this! I don't usually post awards because I am pretty tech-unsavvy. So I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait, Where are our 7 random juicy secrets?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carolyn! You're so sweet to include us in passing on the award! Thank you :)
    -Jaime
    P.S. is it just me, or is everyone either knee-deep in rain or dry as a bone? Hoping we all get some happy-mediums soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the award, have been off line for a bit... Summer is when I actually get busy, whether I'd intended it that way or not! Will try and get something up about it soon!

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carolyn,
    Thank you for the award! You really think my Blog is "Lovely"? OK, For a guy that writes a post now and then with the hopes that someone out there finds it interesting enough to come back and visit, But "Lovely"? Maybe I need to check my posts and watch the girly comments!?
    But thanks again!
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been SOOOO out of it lately, but I wanted to say thank you for this recognition! I'm so honored!

    ReplyDelete