Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Can you smell that?

We disbudded Annette's buckling yesterday afternoon.  Since it was so windy / cold, I set up the disbudding box and iron in the garage since I didn't want goat hair blown up my nose (we shave his head before disbudding) and wanted to make sure the iron didn't get cold.

Everything went smoothly and all was right with the universe when mother & son were reunited.  Annette did give her son a good once-over as he did stink like burned goat hair.

I went into the garage this morning to toss some recyclable items into their respective bins and was overwhelmed with the smell of bunt goat hair.  Ahhhh, the wonderful odors of farm life!

9 comments:

  1. Never a pleasant task, for sure, but one that is over in less than a minute (well, except for your lingering odor in the garage) and one that can prevent all kinds of terrible accidents in the future. Our main concern was always the number of small children that were around our goats and we didn't want something truly bad to happen to a child. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burnt or not LOL... that is the cutest damn thing I've EVER SEEN. I really needed that photo today LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's adorable!!!! I will have to take mine to the vet or find a goat breeder to do the deed for me. I don't have all the tools or the stomach for that yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothin' like the smell of burnt hair! Blech!!
    That little guy is just too stinkin' cute in the little sweater!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute!!! Now I have baby goat envy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute picture. I love the little sweater. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. He sure is a cutie! Never done any kind of disbudding....I wait until calves are big enough for the vet!

    ReplyDelete